Build Your Website – Niche Blogging
A website is a great way to share your knowledge and make extra income. You can blog about a topic and make extra income with affiliate marketing and companies that pay you per click such as Google Adsense. Though you can get free hosting at sites such as freewebs and by using free blogging sites, you are better off building your own site which you have control over.
Here is how to get started:
1. Decide what you want to write about. What is your passion? Do a little research on the net and see if others are also interested in the topic. You want to pick a profitable topic. Keep the topic broad enough so you have plenty to write about, but not so broad that it lacks a focus.
In addition to your niche topic you can write a general blog or you may want to write a specific type of blog. For example if you are writing about blog, you could write a general blog or you can narrow your focus to writing reviews on the different cameras on the market. Here are some eBooks to give you ideas:
2. Once you have decided on your niche, it is time to pick a domain name for your website. Here are some tips when selecting a domain name.
~ Make it short.
~ Make it easy to spell and remember.
~ Make it about what you are writing about.
~ Make it a .com if possible.
One of the hardest parts about picking a name is so many are already taken! Find out by going to GoDaddy or another site and checking if the name you want is available. If the name you selected is already in use, GoDaddy will make other suggestions. GoDaddy offers excellent pricing on Domain Names and Hosting. I have close to 30 names registered with GoDaddy. I have called them several times and their customer service is excellent.
NOTE: I switched to NAMECHEAP . GoDaddy renewals were much more expensive.
3. Sign up for hosting with BlueHost or Hostgator. You can host websites with BlueHost and Hostgator for one low price and they offer auto-installation of WordPress also. Whatever, hosting company you use, make sure they have automatic installation of WordPress. Both of these companies offer great service. I have found Hostgator to offer excellent one on one walk throughs to newbies. And I use them myself. Use code MyLilGoldDressHGdiscount and click thru my link to get a discount. Contact me and I will put a WP blog on your new site.
4. In the manage domains section at GoDaddy or Namecheap, point your webhost servers to the BlueHost or Hostgator servers. This is simple to do, but if you have trouble contact either GoDaddy, Namecheap, BlueHost, or Hostgator to walk you through the steps. If you purchase through my link, contact me and I will do it for you.
5. At your hosting site install WordPress through your Cpanel. Ask your provider to walk you through this step. It will be slightly different at Hostgator than at BlueHost.
7. WordPress offers two default themes. You can also go to the WordPress site and select a different theme. There are many very nice free WordPress themes on the market. However, it is very easy to get a virus while searching for them. And many themes include spyware. If you opt to change your theme, you are best using a new theme from a reputable site.
TIP: One way to find a great WP theme is to type in the style or color of WP theme you want at Google and then look through Google images. You will instantly see many WP themes and it is easier than scrolling though dozens of images.
There are some beautiful Premium WordPress themes on the market also. I highly recommend Brian Gardner’s Revolution theme. I have this for another site I am working on. Brian gives excellent support and his themes are beautiful.
Here are two more sites offering WordPress Themes to check out.
Once your website is up, you are ready to start wth writing and adding affiliate ads to your site.
Prices are accurate as of . Product prices and available are subject to change. Any price and availablility information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of any products.
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'AS IS' and is subject to change or removal at any time.